Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Oscar predictions 2009

Best picture: Slumdog Millionaire. Will and should win, I think. The ommission of "The Wrestler and "Wall-E" in this category have upset some however.

Best Actor: Mickey Rourke. Couldn't deserve it more but I have a niggling feeling that Sean Penn could sneak in there and take it from him.

Best Actress: Kate Winslet. Meryl could steal it from her, as could Anne Hathaway but I think this is Kate's year.

Best supporting Actor: Heath Ledger. No-brainer, and well deserved.

Best supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz. I would really like Marisa Tomei to win this one and think she is a definite dark horse. *fingers crossed that it doesn't go to Cruz*

Best Director: Danny Boyle. I'm fairly confident about this one and am happy with it.

Best animated film: Wall-E. Another winner in this category would cause uproar.

They're my main predictions for this year, I would love to hear yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment