Monday, February 16, 2009

New facebook Terms of Service (TOS)

Many of you will have heard about the recent changes made to the Facebook Terms of service. The new terms, which grant Facebook rights of ownership to content published on its site were obviously received cautiously.

The outcry against what many people consider an invasion of privacy kicked off

on the 16th of February.
Mark Zuckerburg from Facebook was quick to reply in the facebook blog but glossed over the most contentious issue, the intellectual rights to photos and videos you may upload to the site.
I, for one, am deleting all photos (of which there were only a few anyway), changing my privacy settings and deleting original videos I uploaded to protect my claim on them.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me really mad. I am going to delete my stuff. I own my stuff and no one else. That is such crap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Jamie, it's infuriating.

    ReplyDelete